Thanks for swinging by! I am a student in London majoring in piano. I started this blog around 2013/2014 just to share a bit of the Christ in me. I have been a part of a church in London known as All Souls for two and a half years now, and cannot be more grateful for the shepherding I have received there. Learning to receive grace and give grace everyday.
Some random facts about me:
Favourite Composers: J.S Bach, Schumann, Brahms, and Scriabin
Favourite Music genres: classical, jazz, and to many people’s surprise, rap and “chill” music!
Favourite Contemporary Artists: OneRepublic, The Script, Sam Smith, Lauv, Tori Kelly, Stacie Orrico, FKJ, Will Reagan and United Pursuit, The Gettys, CityAlight, Jin, JP Cooper. You can find some of my favourite “spiritual songs” here
Favourite Pianists: Sviatoslav Richter; Géza Anda; Benno Moiseiwitsch
Favourite Authors: Handsdown J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis
Biggest “Spiritual” Influences: The ones that have had the most impacts on me are probably A.W. Tozer, Andrew Murray, Brother Lawrence, Oswald Chambers, Watchman Nee, John Stott, and Eugene Peterson. Other important contemporary ones include Tim Keller, Tim Chester, Frank Viola, Scott Sauls, James Fowler, John Piper, Ray Ortlund, Scot McKnight, Tim Mackie, and N.T. Wright, etc. I follow some of them on Twitter
No need to agree with all they teach to appreciate them.
There are a few posts that I draw experiences from my own spiritual life if you want to know more about me: ♥ In the Midst of Musical Pursuit ♥ Back to First Love ♥ Never Be So Certain ♥ Condemnation or Conviction ♥ I Am a Heretic
Some of my favourite quotes:
- Too many behave as if they believed not in the priesthood of all believers but in the papacy of all pastor. – John Stott
- It’s hard to throw stones if you’re busy washing feet. – Luke Lezon
- That’s the whole spiritual life. It’s learning how to die. – Eugene Peterson
- Learning Christ is discipleship; learning about Christ is scholarship. – Len Sweet
- Deliberately reject every source of strength but Christ. – Raymond Ortlund
- Human history is a shipwreck awaiting rescue: but the port of salvation is not the goal; it’s to resume the journey toward union with God. – Hank Hanegraaff
- Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That’s how the light gets in. – Anthem, Leonard Cohen
- My life is a witness to vulgar grace – a grace that amazes as it offends. – Brennan Manning
- Our hearts of stone become hearts of flesh when we learn where the outcast weeps. – Brennan Manning
- We don’t become more spiritual by becoming less human. – Eugene Peterson
- When the grace of Jesus sinks in, we will be among the least offended and most loving people in the world. – Scott Sauls
- Waiting in prayer is a disciplined refusal to act before God acts. – Eugene Peterson
- If the Christian life looks too hard, we must remember that we are not called to live it by ourselves. We must live it by the Spirit of God. – John Piper
- The gospel of Jesus Christ is more political than anyone imagines, but in a way that no one guesses. – Eugene Peterson
- By the flesh, the best sermons are only ever so-so. By the Spirit, the worst sermons are still sow-sow. – Glen Scrivener
- Grace is not opposed to effort. It is opposed to earning. – Dallas Willard
- Christ became what we are that he might make us what he is. – Augustine